“People who say they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one!” – Leo. J. Burke
Hello! I’m Cara, a gentle sleep consultant based in Hampshire/Surrey.
Where I specialise:
- I work with children from 0-7 years old but specialise in baby’s under 12 months old.
- I am studying for my diploma in Challenging children’s behaviour.
- I focus on improving the happiness and mood of baby’s and parents by improving sleep.
- My approach to sleep is always gentle and bespoke. There is no one size fits all approach to baby’s and I will spend a lot of time investigating your baby’s sleep challenge and only offer methods that suit your parenting style.
- We will focus on emotional wellness and sleep science and I don’t recommend formal sleep training tools until we have the basics in place. Sometimes, this alone is enough to help struggling families!
What does a healthy life look like to you?
Creating healthy sleep habits for your children is just the start of your sleep journey.
- Imagine how it would feel to wake up rested in the mornings?
- Your husband won’t need to sleep in the spare room anymore meaning a happier partnership. Maybe even a date night?
- You’ll get your evenings back.
- Your little one will feel calmer and more adaptable on those days when things don’t quite go to plan and you will have the confidence and ability to resolve sleep issues in the future.
A note on crying
- I don’t advocate leaving your baby to cry it out and will never ask you to do so. Some parents are happy with a few minutes of crying and others want to avoid any. The reality is for all the gentle approaches out there, a few tears may be inevitable but avoidable with my approach.
- Investigating and finding the cause of your baby’s sleep challenge will enable me to understand how to help your baby in the best way possible, with the most minimal amount of tears possible.